5 Best Times to Cruise Sydney Harbour
Sydney Harbour is one of the most well-known Australian hotspots for tourists and Sydneysiders alike. If you’re looking for something a little bit different with your Sydney Harbour Yacht Charter, then we have just the ticket. Here is a wrap up of the 5 best times to charter a yacht in Sydney Harbour to enjoy the best that the city and the harbour has to offer.
- New Years Eve. We couldn’t have a list like this and not mention NYE. If you’re a keen superyacht owner or charter guest, then there’s no better time of year to enjoy the Sydney Harbour majesty than at New Years’. Take in the full spectacular extravaganza that is the Sydney Harbour Bridge fireworks display and watch the city light up with fun, life and pizazz in a way that only Sydney knows how to do.
- Australia Day. While obviously another well known day on the Australian calendar, it’s also one of the best times of year to charter a yacht in Sydney Harbour. With the activity and events that are taking place on the mainland, you’ll have full view of the excitement from the privacy and relaxation of your own yacht. Organise a delicious and boozy lunch, while you celebrate Australia Day in ultimate style.
- Vivid Sydney. This event is held generally in late-May to mid-June for 18 days to celebrate the ringing in of the winter season, and despite the fact that it might be a little more on the chilly side, it’s one of the best times of year to charter a yacht. The festival of light, music and ideas offers stunning light installations around the harbour, musical performances from both local and international performers and lectures, talks and debates from leading writers and political leaders alike. Charter a yacht across the first weekend to truly take in all the sites both from your special vantage point of the yacht as well as on the mainland. A perfect romantic gift if there’s just the two of you, to take in the light installations while enjoying a catered dinner onboard.
- Sydney Harbour Regatta. While you might want to ensure you’re staying out of the way for this one, it’s still a great time to charter a yacht within the Sydney Harbour. Watch the regatta as hundreds of keelboats compete in both the harbour and offshore. A truly spectacular site to take in at close range from the vantage point of onboard your charter.
- Finally, the Sun-Herald City2Surf is a perfect time to charter a yacht. Cheer on your favourite competitors from your charter. The largest run in the world and anyone can compete. Though if you can’t get close enough to the mainland, the runners may look a little like ants. So hop off the charter for the event itself and then celebrate afterwards in style on board your yacht charter.
Article created by Torrens Luxury Collection, Gold Coast Australia. For more Luxury Yachting articles and blogs just go to https://torrens.yachts/blog/ or contact us on 1300 148 648. TORRENS LUXURY COLLECTION – Brokers of the world’s finest assets.